Tires and Auto Care have been our family buiness since 1966. That's over fifty years of service and we're looking forward to fifty more!
History of Bruneel Point S
Serving the Treasure Valley since 1966.
In the mid 1960's, Frank Bruneel and a partner operated a tire business in the Boise area. Both partners wished to own the business solely but neither wanted to sell his share. The matter was resolved by a literal flip of the coin leaving Frank Bruneel to sell his half and prompting him to make a move to Lewiston with his wife Sharon and 5 children (three more children were born in Lewiston).
In Lewiston he managed Evergreen Tire (a well know Goodyear Dealer) for a period of time and, in 1966, saw an opportunity to open his own tire business. Bruneel Tire Service had its humble beginnings at 1832 "G" Street with Frank and two employees, Kermit Yochum and Al Staples, taking care of resident's tire and auto service needs. Bruneel Tire Service quickly earned a reputation for providing high quality service, solid warranties and value pricing.
In 1988, Frank's oldest son, Craig, joined the business he grew up in after graduating from the University of Utah. In 1994, when Frank Bruneel retired and began a new life of service as an Idaho State legislator, Craig took over as president of Bruneel Tire Service, ultimately taking over ownership as well. In February of 2000 the business affiliated with Northwest Tire Factory Group which consists of nearly 200 stores in 10 western states. The buying power and multiple locations of the Tire Factory Group provide customers with service and warranty advantages as well as competitive, money-saving tire prices.